Vous êtes ici
SAN JUAN Eric
Coming from the world of discrete mathematics and algebraic logic, I like working on original applications of discrete probabilistic models to Knowledge Representation, Natural Language Processing and related areas in Information Science like Text Mining and Information Retrieval. The goal is to find efficient algorithms to handle discrete aspects of texts like syntax, linguistic rules and underlying conceptual structure.
Foreign language: English.
I am currently a permanent lecturer at the Institute of Technology of Avignon in the department of Statistics and Decision Support Systems (StID). Before coming to Avignon in 2006, I was appointed as an assistant lecturer first in 2000 at the Institute of Technology 2 in Grenoble, then in 2001 at the University Claude Bernard - Lyon 1, and in 2002 I was nominated as lecturer at the Institute of Technology of Metz.
I'm teaching Computer Science, Information Systems and Data Mining to both under- and postgraduated students in Avignon (StID and Masters of computer science) and in Lyon (Masters of Applied Mathematics). These lectures address the following topics:
- Data Bases (SQL 2 and 3, MySQL, ORACLE, ODBC, JDBC, PostGreSQL)
- Algorithms and programming (languages C, C++, PERL)
- Information Systems (theory in UML, applications based on XML standard and LAMPS server: LINUX+ Apache + MySQL + PHP + PERL DBI + SSL )
- Data Mining (R, Splus, Weka, SAS, SPSS)
- Statistic tests for Computer Human Interface evaluation (Masters only)
- Order and Hierarchical Structures (lattices and logic for data mining - Masters only)
- Graph theory, Discrete mathematics and Formal Logic
- Probabilitytheory and Statistic
- Linear algebra
Extended summaries in French and students notes are available at http://idapa.termwatch.es/
Computer science: language programming: C, C++, PERL 5, php, JAVA, LISP; Information systems : relational databases, SQL, UML; networks: TCP/IP, security based on Open SSL; Operating Systems: LINUX, SOLARIS, UNIX, Windows; General software: OpenOffice, MSOffice, Apache, MySQL; Specialized software: R, Splus, SAS, SPSS, WEKA.
Mathematics: Statistic: descriptive, parametric and non parametric tests; Data Mining: clustering, classification, principal component analysis; graph theory; linear algebra.
Text mining : Graph clustering, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Information Visualization, Information Retrieval, Automatic summarization.
Discrete Mathematics : association rules, Lattice Theory, Formal concept analysis, Horn functions, Rough Sets, algebraic logic.
Université d'Avignon et des Pays de Vaucluse
LIA - CERI
339 chemin des Meinajariès
BP1228 84911 AVIGNON Cedex 9